The statistics on Prostate Cancer are shocking.
- This year, over 186,000 American men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.
- 1 man dies every 19 minutes from Prostate Cancer.
- 1 in six men will be diagnosed with Prostate Cancer.
To raise awareness, and to raise funds, I will complete seven ultramarathons over seven months:
Heartland 100 mile (October)
Rockledge Rumble 50k (November)
SunMart 50 Mile (December)
Bandera 100k (January)Cross Timbers 50 Mile (February)Three Days of Syllamo (50k/50 Mile/20k) (March)The Texas Marathon (x 2) (April)
My goal is to raise $4,392, which is $10 for every mile I will race.
To reach my goal I need your support! No amount is too small (and, of course, no amount is too big!). There are two ways to show your support:
- Donate now! Make your donation using a secure website: http://athletes.kintera.org/other/runforpopi
- Make a pledge per mile! After each race I will send you my race results and you can make your donation based on my race. This will allow you to spread your donation out over seven months. To make a pledge, just email me with your "per mile" pledge. For example:
$1.00 per mile = $439.20
$0.50 per mile = $219.60
$0.25 per mile = $109.80
$0.10 per mile = $ 43.92
$0.05 per mile = $ 21.96
Thank you for showing your support!