Sunday, March 8, 2009

Next Race: Three Days of Syllamo

Next Friday I will start my next race, Three Days of Syllamo.  This is my absolutely favorite race I've ever done.  I've completed it twice before and can't wait for next weekend to come.

The format is three days of racing:  50k on Friday, 50 Miles on Saturday and 20k on Sunday.  All races start and end at the Blanchard Springs campgrounds in Northern Arkansas, about three hours North of Little Rock.  The terrain is mountainous and challenging.  The Race Director does everything he can to incorporate lots of climbs and tough trail into the races.  For course maps and elevation profiles, go here.

I walked this race in 2005 (when it was 20k/60k/40k) and in 2007 (when it was also 50k/50 mile/20k).  Both races were awesome and I had a wonderful time.  My 2005 race report is very detailed and has lots of pictures so if you are interested in learning more about the race go here.

I don't expect this to be a fast race - I've got to save myself for the later days.  When all is said and done I will have raced 93.49 miles in three days.  Here is exactly what will happen:  Wake up, run, soak in either the ice cold river or an ice bath, eat pizza, sleep, repeat.  I expect these to be some very slow races, but I also expect to finish all three and have a great time doing it!

On the fundraising side things are looking good but I could still use your help.  I'm only $700 dollars from my goal!  That means that with your help I've raised $3,692, which is 84% of my goal.  So just a few more donations will get us over the top.  If you know anyone who has been affected by prostate cancer please feel free to pass on my website!  I'm not picky - I'll take money from anyone.

Thanks as always to all my donors and all my supporters.  This whole experience has been much more meaningful thanks to your generosity and encouragement.  Let's keep on going!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Holy cow, I can't even imagine running that much! Amazing. And congrats on the fundraising effort! Good luck on getting the remainder (although I'm sure you'll never be completely done? - at least that's how I feel!) :).