Friday, December 5, 2008

Skipping SunMart

Unfortunately I'm skipping SunMart due to illness.  I travelled to Milwaukee for work this week and Wednesday I started feeling bad.  I started loading up on vitamins, oranges and orange juice, and I got lots of sleep Wednesday night, but I only felt worse on Thursday.  Thursday I did not sleep AT ALL (which is not like me) and by Friday morning I was feeling pretty bad.  I flew back home this morning and am planning to rest and recover this weekend.  I might try to run the White Rock Marathon next weekend if I am feeling better.

However, that leaves my short one ultra in my Seven Ultras in Seven Months fundraising effort.  I may do an extra 50 mile race in February (the Rocky Raccoon 100/50 miler which is actually on much of the same trail as SunMart) to make up the difference.  I'm going to hunt around and see what the other options are.  But be assured that I will reach my mileage goal, and with your help I will also reach my fundraising goal!

Remember that for the rest of this year all of your donations are matched by The Safeway Foundation so if you have been considering donating this would be a great time to do so.  You can double your money!

Have a great weekend, get plenty of rest and avoid those cold and flu bugs!

1 comment:

runner-grrl said...

So bummed you missed out on your race due to illness. Wishing you a speedy recovery! --Alex (aka "Run350")